pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Pan-users digest, Vol 1 #41 - 10 msgs

From: Graham Orr
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Pan-users digest, Vol 1 #41 - 10 msgs
Date: 14 Apr 2002 17:48:19 +0100

gaw zay <address@hidden> wrote:

> try setting Pan to retry 100 times that should be enough I guess, click
> on the button on the left bottom corner that says 'Offline' most of the
> time and set max retries at whatever you think is good. 100 is just a nice
> round decimal number, try 0010 0000  or whatever your favorite numbering
> system considers a round number ;)

Here's a bit more info.

I set the task retries to 1 and started downloading a yEnc file. Once it
had got going I powered off the modem and timed how long it took before
Pan gave up and went offline: 1 minute. I set the task retries to 999
(seems to be the max), and followed the same procedure: 1 minute.

--
Graham