pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Statistical word analysis?

From: Aluminum Foil Ball
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Statistical word analysis?
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 12:59:34 -0500

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 01:23:51AM +0930, Aristotle wrote:
> As for the issue of downloading all the newsgroup bodies - I could not
> give a flying f*#k - it is what my modem is there for.  What's it going
> to do anyhow?  Clog up net bandwidth?  Get real.

Modem?  As in dialup?  As in 56Kbps tops?  This must not be a very large
newsgroup you're talking about.  I could just see somebody letting this
thing loose on one of the huge newsgroups, like, say, one of the ones
with movies in it.  At the least, it would need to decline to index
messages that Pan thinks are part of a multipart file.  What would GNKSA think?

And then there's this.
http://www.nwfusion.com/net.worker/news/2002/0408networker.html
Once they do it, the rest of the ISPs are sure to follow.

I _am_ real.