pan-users

[Pan-users] 11.2.91 menu questions/request

From: jef
Subject: [Pan-users] 11.2.91 menu questions/request
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2002 11:15:58 -0400

Hi gang,

Just been using this version for a week or so, and find that the pop-up
menu in articles list has become harder to use -- at least the way I use
it.

Missing are 2 things that made life really easy in the old version I was
using (0.9.7, I think)

1) mark all articles read  -- currently, I'm going to Edit/Select All
Articles, then to Articles/Mark as Read. (Marking them Unread isn't that
big an issue, at least for me, but might be to someone)

2) mark selected articles read  -- related to #1, sometimes I just want
to mark certain ones read.

3) save attachments as...  -- used to be a nice feature to save the
articles to a different drive, esp. when grabbing large multipart
binaries. Saving mp3's or images to the default directory is most often
fine, but large mpgs (like the Dr. Who espisode d/l right now :)  I'd
rather occasionally redirect to a different drive.

I know a lot of these interface issues were discussed on the list
previously, so I am sure that these may be old news to some folks. But I
just built myself a new system (Athlon 1.33) and am getting to
experience some of the differences firsthand. (It made it hard to follow
along and toss in ideas as I couldn't see what some folks were talking
about)
With my old system (PII 266), I was pretty much of the mindset "If it
ain't broke, don't fix it" as sometimes newer version of apps ran worse
on the poor old thing :)

Any chance these options can be brought back? If no, is there a quicker
way to mark things read, and is there any way at all to save attachments
only to a different directory?

Thanks.