pan-users

[Pan-users] Importing .newsrc file doesn't set read/unread count?

From: Jim
Subject: [Pan-users] Importing .newsrc file doesn't set read/unread count?
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2002 02:50:33 +0000

Hi, I've got a .newsrc file I've been using with slrn for some time; I
wanted to try "converting" myself to Pan, and I've got a bunch of
subscribed groups along with the read/unread count and so forth.

In Pan I import the .newsrc, and if I go to "Subscribed groups" I get
the correct group list.. but all the read/unread counters are at 0.
Shouldn't I be able to just start where I left off with my slrn client?

If I export the .newsrc back out of Pan, it still has maintained my
original (saved by slrn) read/unread counters so there doesn't appear to
be any lossage on import.

Thanks.

--

Jim B.