pan-devel

[Pan-devel] gnome-doc-utils redux

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-devel] gnome-doc-utils redux
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 09:14:32 +0000 (UTC)

While I know little more about the /why/ than I did before, I bumbled
around with the commit ( d49229012425f2662c2b7a9694c517a23f31cbff ) that
triggered my gnome-doc-utils issues until I finally figured out what
actual change is triggering the problem.

You and I both have been looking in Makefile.am, but that's not the
problem.  The problem is...

configure.in, starting on line 270 (problem line 274)

 AC_CONFIG_FILES([Makefile
                  pan.spec
                  pan.iss
                  README.windows
+                 help/Makefile
                  po/Makefile.in
                  uulib/Makefile
                  pan/Makefile

If I delete that line, everything's fine.  Looking at the context, I see
no conditional around that saying only to include it in the list if help
is enabled...

That's what causes automake to error out later, since automake tries to
create help/Makefile even when help is turned off, and help/Makefile.am
has...

include $(top_srcdir)/gnome-doc-utils.make

... as its first line, but gnome-doc-utils.make apparently won't get
copied to $top_srcdir unless help is turned on.

So I don't know how to do it, but that help/Makefile line apparently must
be made conditional, however it's done...