pan-devel

[Pan-devel] Re: khaley testing branch: x-face segfaults from a4824a92 (u

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-devel] Re: khaley testing branch: x-face segfaults from a4824a92 (update to using cairo) SOLVED
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2010 02:02:45 +0000 (UTC)

K. Haley posted on Sat, 23 Oct 2010 01:14:50 -0600 as excerpted:

> When I tested this in my arch vm the segfault was in g_free, and it
> complained about a possible double free.  It looks like the ownership
> semantics of the image data changed, perhaps unintentionally.  It's
> fixed.

Yes, fixed! =:^)

But now that I can actually see them using the new code without crashes...
to answer your earlier question about whether it's inversed color...

Yes, it's inversed/negative, at least for x-face.  See that post from Adam
I mentioned earlier, for instance.

Some of those x-faces on the gmane.discussion group look pretty odd, ATM.

I'm not sure about face headers.

Talking about face headers... in that group (gmane.discussion), it appears
Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen (the guy running gmane, FWIW) has some sort of
script for a rotating face header, so you can check a LOT of face headers
"in the wild" by simply sorting by author, unthreaded, and viewing his
posts.  He doesn't rotate every post, but apparently every day or maybe
every few hours.