pan-devel

[Pan-devel] Re: Ping K.Haley: latest test ing branch updates, I get comp

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-devel] Re: Ping K.Haley: latest test ing branch updates, I get compiler error in post-ui. cc line 742: ‘_close’ not declared.
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 10:01:36 -0700

On 10/18/2010 05:09 PM, K. Haley wrote:
  On 10/17/2010 9:21 AM, walt wrote:
On 10/17/2010 03:48 AM, SciFi wrote:

Now I am getting a compiler error:
post-ui.cc:742: error: ‘_close’ was not declared in this scope

so I'm assuming for the moment that the underscore is a typo.

It's not a typo.  Non-standard names like close are supposed to have an
_ prefix.  My headers have both versions  I changed it when I was
testing with the --std=c++0x option which disables such names.

Ah, I just noticed that io.h from msvcrt does indeed define it:
io.h:int         __cdecl _close(int);

Is that the reason you test for _close()?

By the way, is the xface handling correct?  I can't tell if the colors
are inverted.

I'm not aware of seeing any posts or emails using xface.  I can try
posting a message with an x-face header but I don't know how to create
the picture file.  Would pan post such a message if I add the x-face
header correctly?