pan-devel

Re: [Pan-devel] question on body-pane.cc set_section_tag

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-devel] question on body-pane.cc set_section_tag
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 13:08:15 -0500

Christophe Lambin wrote:

In body-pane.cc's set_section_tag, what's the purpose of the call:

        gtk_text_buffer_remove_all_tags (buffer, &mark_start, &mark_end);

There's a (minor) issue with quoted text and formatting for underscore/underline/italics. An example:

        > the word not is *not* in quoted colour

Pan will show the '*not* in bold, but in regular black, not the quote
colour. Removing the call to remove_all_tags fixes that.

If I remember correctly, it's a holdover from 0.14.x where it was
used to end one quote color before a new one began.

I don't see any harm in removing it -- or, more accurately, I'm sure
that if removing it causes any new problems, someone will give us an
earful about that too. ;)

cheers,
Charles