pan-devel

[Pan-devel] Losing subscribed groups

From: Christophe Lambin
Subject: [Pan-devel] Losing subscribed groups
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 01:01:58 +0200

I'm looking at an issue where Pan loses subscribes group. The bug seems
to be related to the multiserver code, in that this only happens for
groups from the third server.

1. Initial situation is as seen on the following screenshot:
        http://www.rebelbase.com/~chris/panbug/before.png

In here, I've just subscribed to gmane.comp.gnome.apps.pan.user. This is
on the third server (gmane).

2. Next, I restart Pan and get the following situation:
        http://www.rebelbase.com/~chris/panbug/restart1.png

The group is still subscribed, but now appears at the bottom.

3. Finally, restart Pan one more time and get the following:
        http://www.rebelbase.com/~chris/panbug/restart2.png

Pan's now lost two groups: gmane.com.gnome.apps.pan.user from gmane
(the third server) and sybase.public.jconnect50 from the second server.

After this, if I resubscribe pan.user and repeat the process, I see step
2 and 3 again, though I don't lose any other groups.

Regards,
Christophe