[Openvortex-dev] suspend support in snd_au8830

From: Alexey Morozov
Subject: [Openvortex-dev] suspend support in snd_au8830
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 10:47:18 +0600

Hi!

Did anyone try to use suspend2-enabled kernel with snd_au8830? I found
that the card or module becomes unusable after resuming: any application
trying to play a sound freezes although it's possible to stop playback
(and quit the application); alsamixer still allows to change volumes but
I can't check if it really does it. The module can be reloaded and it
fixes the problem completely.

kernel-2.6.14 (a bit overloaded, with suspend-2.2rc15, Kon Colivas
low-latency patchset, bootsplash patches etc; can provide a full list of
patches if needed).

alsa-1.0.10 (compiled separately, from stock alsa, not kernel sources)

Aureal Vortex 2 (rev fe), 12eb:0002, capabilities tell the card has
power management version 1.

The same kernel and alsa packages works well at least for an i915-based
system (or i865, never knew exactly Intel MB versioning policy) with
builtin audio, obviously with the correspondent audio driver, not
snd_au8830.

If you need additional information about software and hardware being
used, feel free to ask. I also can perform any software tests which can
help to identify the problem more accurately.

Yours respectfully,
Alexey Morozov.