[Openvortex-dev] 8830 on 2x PPro200 gets vortex_fifo_setadbctrl

From: Bill Paxton
Subject: [Openvortex-dev] 8830 on 2x PPro200 gets vortex_fifo_setadbctrl
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 20:33:59 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

A circa 1995 450KX-based dual Pentium Pro 200, dual pci video.
2.4.22smp with low latency patches. (alsa 0.9.8's snd-au8830)

Unresolved schedule_work (RH9) but a dummy workqueue.h gets by that.

Modules are loaded and no errors.
alsamixer controls the card's levels, passthru is working fine.
However trying to record or playback in any file format gets:

Vortex: vortex_fifo_setadbctrl fail

lspci for the card shows:
00:0b.0 Multimedia audio controller: Aureal Semiconductor Vortex 2 (rev fe)
        Subsystem: Voyetra Technologies Montego II
        Memory at fff80000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=256K]
        I/O ports at f400 [size=8]
        I/O ports at f000 [size=8]
        Capabilities: [dc] Power Management version 1

Any ideas? Considering this is not a Via board and this is still a few years
prior to
AGP existing I haven't patched anything. By that same token, I hate
experimenting with
this box. It takes *hours* to recompile small stuff. :-)