Re: [Openvortex-dev] Re: [Alsa-devel] au8830+via & alsa 0.9.7c

From: Zach Borgerding
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] Re: [Alsa-devel] au8830+via & alsa 0.9.7c
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 22:59:49 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: Wilfried Weissmann <address@hidden>
Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 22:51:58 +0200
To: address@hidden,Openvortex <address@hidden>

> and here it is! i implemented the pci latency and the bridge fix. both
> are required on my computer to use the card properly. the fixes are only
> done when the via kt133 agp bridge is found on the pci bus. infos about
> the tweaks can be found here:
>
> http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/chris.day/guides/vortex.htm
> http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/chris.day/guides/vtxagp.htm
>
> use the snd-au88?0 module parameter "pcifix" to override the default
> settings. the following values are valid:
>
> * 255: autodetect what has to be done (this is the default)
> * 0: disable all tweaks
> * 1: only apply aureal pci latency fix
> * 2: only apply the via agp bridge "PCI #2 Master Control" fix
> * 3: apply both fixes
>
> the attached patch applies against alsa 0.9.7c.
>
> regards,
> wilfried

Is this known to effect KT133A chipsets as well?  I've been using my Vortex 2
on an Abit KT7A-RAID (KT133A based) for several days now, and I've never had a
single lockup...  It's never been more stable, actually (compared to the
4-Front drivers I was using with my CS4630).  The only problem I've had is an
occasional crackle in OSS emulation mode with Rhythmbox.

I don't know.  Maybe there's more to it than just the VIA chipset?

Zach
OperaMail free e-mail - http://www.operamail.com
OperaMail Premium - 28MB, POP3, more! US$29.99/year