Re: [Openvortex-dev] More reverse engineering

From: Eugene 'HMage' Bujak
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] More reverse engineering
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 10:21:18 +0400

Jeff Muizelaar wrote:

As I wrote the above I realized that /dev/mem could probably be used to
do run-time patching of the driver as well...

No can do, some security-based kernel modifications like grsecurity
don't allow access to /dev/mem even for root. That'll introduce some
incompatibility issues and configuration dependencies.

If it's possible to avoid that, it's better to avoid.

------
- Eugene 'HMage' Bujak.