Re: [Openvortex-dev] ac97 codec read-write cleanup in cvs

From: Ryan Underwood
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] ac97 codec read-write cleanup in cvs
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 06:40:13 -0500

Hi,

Just a quick note on the patch --

+       /* verify that the write succeeded */
+       if (vortex_codec_read(codec, addr) != data) {
+               printk(KERN_ERR "vortex: ac97 codec write failed\n");

I'm not sure if that's correct.  The first read after the write will
always return the previous data, not the written data.  That was the
problem that I started with.  So, if this code actually works instead of
bailing with an error every time, I would be very surprised.  I had to
read twice before the data would match what I wrote to the codec.

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis at icequake.net>, icq=10317253