Re: [Openvortex-dev] new alsa-cvs - does not compile

From: Anton Vanin
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] new alsa-cvs - does not compile
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 13:58:43 +0400

Well, after two days of trying to compile alsa with aureal patch I'm giving
up...
First of all, I tried to compile it by the 'simple' way. I made
`./cvscompile  --with-oss=yes --with-cards=au8830 --enable-verbose-printk`
and got
"checking for which soundcards to compile driver for... Unknown soundcard
au8830, exiting!"
I looked trough 'configure' script and found that au8830 have not even been
mentioned there. Then I learned from 'cvscompile' that it runs
aclocal/autoconf, and acinclude.m4 and aclocal.m4 do not contain strings for
that card, too.
I commented out invocation of aclocal/autoconf. Run again. sudo make install.
Everything were fine, until I decided to look what did it install. In the
/lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/sound I discovered ./acore and ./support dirs.
And... that's all! au8830 module do not compile, however hard I might try.
What am I doing wrong?

P.S. Excuse my english :)

---
WBR,