Re: Antworten: [Openvortex-dev] Desync in mplayer

From: Callum Lerwick
Subject: Re: Antworten: [Openvortex-dev] Desync in mplayer
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 19:53:36 -0500

The cvs on aureal.sf.net seems to be untouched for at
least 20 months. Openvortex is the most advanced oss
drivers isn't it ?

I forgot to tell I'm using a gentoo with a recent
kernel, and Aureal Binary Drivers don't work with it.

The only real difference between the drivers are Makefile changes.
What is the problem with the binary drivers? Also, why not use the alsa
drivers?

The tui driver worked well for me for quite some time. Its disassembled so it doesn't have the GCC version mismatch problems. That can be fixed with strip anyway...

But yeah, the ALSA drivers seem to be mostly usable now on all cards. You really should try it out and help test it. :)

Also, the ALSA drivers are off in Xine/gxine as well, by the same amount using native ALSA or OSS emulation. Setting gxine to an A/V sync offset of about -30000 (samples? usec? It doesn't say) gets it right on.