Re: [Openvortex-dev] Re: Aureal progress?

From: Jeff Muizelaar
Subject: Re: [Openvortex-dev] Re: Aureal progress?
Date: Mon, 5 May 2003 21:19:47 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 5 May 2003, Manuel Jander wrote:

> Hello Andreas,
>
> Andreas Mohr wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >On Sun, May 04, 2003 at 11:13:47PM -0400, Manuel Jander wrote:
> >

> >>Hi Andreas,
> >>
> >>Well, it works. You can Play Quake, use XMMS, use the MPU401 MIDI uart,
> >>mixer etc,
> >>but there are still some bugs. Sometimes the SampleRateConverter on the
> >>AU8830
> >>and probably the AU8810 wents "crazy". I'm not sure if thats good enough
> >>to actually
> >>include it into ALSA yet ... ?
> >>

> >OF COURSE it is! ;)
> >Just add a module message that it's an EXPERIMENTAL driver, and I'm sure
> >everyone will like it.
> >

> OK Vortex people. Are we ready for a sneak preview ?

I am sort of opposed. I really don't think the code is ready for it. As
well, we aren't really in need of a pile of testers yet. There is still
known brokeness. I don't really see any advantage to lowering the barrier
of entry yet...

> >I think it's too difficult (I'm *LAZY*). And I also don't use anything else
> >other than CVS, so... :)
> >

> Check out the CVS on
> http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/openvortex/
> I though your appeal to CVS was joke :) sorry.
>
> >>Tell them :) ...
> >>

> >Yep, and they'd react like: hmm, I looked everywhere but couldn't find that
> >driver in ALSA CVS. Where the heck is it??? :)
> >

>  ----****   http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/openvortex/ ****-----

How about adding a note in ALSA CVS as to where to find the driver?

-Jeff