openpanorama-info

[Openpanorama-info] SPi-V engine

From: Aldo Hoeben
Subject: [Openpanorama-info] SPi-V engine
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 15:31:01 +0200

Hi,

My name is Aldo Hoeben. I just joined this list.

My direct reason for joining the list is that I am contemplating a
distributable
version of my SPi-V engine (www.fieldofview.nl/spv.php), and currently I am
considering the OpenPanorama format to describe panoramic scenes.

SPi-V is my Shockwave 3d based panorama-engine. It has some unique
features like Adaptive Dynamic Range display (www.fieldofview.nl/rd-adr.php)
The SPi-V engine will stay closed source for the most part. It will
eventually be
available in a number of different licenses: a free, branded version and
fully
customisable, payed version(s).

I don't really feel like wading through the whole OpenPanorama license at
this time, but will it allow me to use the OpenPanorama XML format in a
for-profit viewer? Since I regularly get requests to release the viewer
engine,
this has priority over authoring tools. So I would only be reading, not
creating
OpenPanorama files.

'do

Aldo Hoeben / studioPKO