[Openexr-devel] Windows build and turning off IlmThread

From: Ashish Uthama
Subject: [Openexr-devel] Windows build and turning off IlmThread
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2017 20:10:32 +0000

Hi Folks,

I am trying to build OpenEXR in our build system (glnxa64, maci64 and win64) using cmake. I want to turn off internal threading at this time (our application has its own thread pool, and at this time I dont see a way to make them play together nicely).

I have glnxa64 building both IlmBase and OpenEXR fine (cmake+gcc), made a few small modifications to IlmBase (Remove use of ucontext and remove IlmThread dir) and have it building with cmake and Visual studio.

I see that we have an option to turn off thread support while building with configure, I could not easily tell how to do the same with cmake.

Any pointers for me to try?

Ashish