Re: [Openexr-devel] FBX libraries containing Iex symbols on Windows

From: Christopher Horvath
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] FBX libraries containing Iex symbols on Windows
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 11:30:34 -0800

Do you know of a workaround?

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 11:25 AM, Christopher Horvath <address@hidden> wrote:
It's almost like they're breaking things on purpose.

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 11:22 AM, Nick Porcino <address@hidden> wrote:
Fwiw, this is a significant bug on OSX as well. IIRC They also export Alembic symbols. Arrgh.

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 11:18 AM -0800, "Christopher Horvath" <address@hidden> wrote:

Hey folks,

I'm emailing this list because I'm not sure who to ask. I am trying to build an application on Windows that has both FBX and Alembic support, and I am therefore linking against the ilmbase libraries, version 2.2.0. (with namespacing).

During linking, I get the following error in Visual Studio 2013:
Error 1 error LNK2005: "void __cdecl iex_debugTrap(void)" (?iex_debugTrap@@YAXXZ) already defined in libfbxsdk-mt.lib(IexBaseExc.obj) Iex-2_2.lib(IexBaseExc.cpp.obj)

Does anyone have any experience with this? Is there any way I can get around it, perhaps by fidgeting with the versioned namespace? Why would FBX be exporting Iex symbols?

I am running out of hair to pull out.

Thanks in advance,
Chris