[Openexr-devel] DeepScanLineInputFile constructors

From: Richard Hadsell
Subject: [Openexr-devel] DeepScanLineInputFile constructors
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 15:19:51 -0400

I have been working with OpenExr 2.0.1 with tiled image and deep data. I use file constructors that open the file with an IStream or OStream. As soon as I started to deal with scanline data, I ran into an anomaly. DeepScanLineInputFile has a strange constructor unlike the others. Instead of just an IStream reference, it requires a Header and a version. I can't find any instructions to explain how to set up the input, and I would prefer to have a constructor like the ones I see in the other file classes.

I have not looked at OpenExr 2.2 yet. Perhaps someone has already addressed this issue. If it is possible, could someone implement a standard constructor for DeepScanLineInputFile, taking just an IStream and an optional number of threads? Please? If you keep the old one, the new one shouldn't break any existing code.

Meanwhile, could someone give me the simplest way to provide the header and
version arguments for this strange constructor?

--
Dick Hadsell                    203-992-6320  Fax: 203-992-6001
Blue Sky Studios                http://www.blueskystudios.com