[Openexr-devel] OpenEXR lib name suffixing

From: Nick
Subject: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR lib name suffixing
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 07:24:55 -0700

What's the scoop on OpenEXR lib name suffixing?

I can't recall if this has been discussed before. Half behaves almost as I would expect on OSX - there's a symlink from libHalf.dylib to libHalf.11.dylib to libHalf.11.0.0.dylib. I would have expected that chain to be something like libHalf.2_2.xxxx though. All of the other libs stop one short of a link named libNice.dylib, for example the last link for libIlmImf is libIlmImf-2.2.dylib.

I am wondering if this is intentional and there is a new mystery environment variable to set, or if it is simply a bug? According to the issue on github this occurs on Linux and Windows as well when using Cmake.