Re: [Openexr-devel] Problems with Data Window

From: Kevin Wheatley
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Problems with Data Window
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 17:02:03 +0100

On 21/07/14 15:43, Julie Santerre wrote:
> So, in brief, I implemented a library that works perfectly with every
> exr file generated by your organization and by my own software. I do
> have problems with cropped files produced by Nuke (and by other
> software as well). Is there something I'm missing here? Maybe I'm not
> extracting all the information I need from the headers? Is there a
> data alignment I need to consider? Have you ever heard about any
> issues with cropped exr files generated by Nuke?
>
> I hope I gave you enough details about my problem.

Note sure if it is still present, but we've come across issues with
Nuke and storing wrong windows, I believe the Nuke bug our report was
logged against was:

Bug 6865 - AdjBBox - bounding box changing between read/write
operation on exr

What does exrheader say on the files? are they correct? In our case
the files were written incorrectly by Nuke.

Kevin

For those interested with a copy of Nuke, you should see problems with
the following:

set cut_paste_input [stack 0]
CheckerBoard2 {
 inputs 0
 format "2048 1556 0 0 2048 1556 2 2k_AnamorphicFull"
 name CheckerBoard1
 selected true
 xpos 362
 ypos 13
}
Crop {
 box {56 0 1896 1572}
 crop false
 name Crop1
 selected true
 xpos 362
 ypos 85
}
Write {
 file /tmp/foo.exr
 checkHashOnRead false
 version 1
 name Write1
 selected true
 xpos 362
 ypos 111
}
Read {
 inputs 0
 file /tmp/foo.exr
 format "2048 1556 0 0 2048 1556 2 2k_AnamorphicFull"
 origset true
 name Read4
 selected true
 xpos 362