Re: [Openexr-devel] Relying on exceptions in fuzz tests?

From: Brendan Bolles
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Relying on exceptions in fuzz tests?
Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 12:12:31 -0700

On May 29, 2014, at 10:19 AM, Christopher Horvath wrote:

> I'm in a crippled environment that explicitly disallows exceptions, and has
> modified underlying some (but not all) underlying libraries accordingly.

Really the answer is that the OpenEXR library requires exceptions, just like it
requires RTTI and other things.  All the error handling is done with
exceptions.  If I turn off exceptions in gcc, I get an error wherever you see
the keyword "throw".  The library also never checks the result of a "new"
operator because those are supposed to throw exceptions if they fail.

So I guess you're going to have to start hacking your way to an exception-free
version.

Brendan