Re: [Openexr-devel] v2.1.0 broke UV layers

From: Florian Kainz
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] v2.1.0 broke UV layers
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 14:59:06 -0800

Are you sure there's anything in the file's RenderLayer.UV channels besides zeroes? The file reads fine in exrdisplay: no errors detected during decompression (meaning the pixel data decompress to the expected size), and all the other channels contain what looks like a reasonable image. exrdisplay says that the channels in the UV layer contain only zeros (not random data as you'd expect if the file didn't decompress properly).

As far as the IlmImf library is concerned, the UV layer is no different from all the other layers; I'm not sure what kind of bug would affect only the UV layer, but not any others?

Have you tried saving the file out with a different compression scheme, or with no compression at all?