Re: [Openexr-devel] pyilmbase problems importing imath

From: Federico Naum
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] pyilmbase problems importing imath
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 10:26:03 +1100

Hello Nick,

Thank you so much for your prompt response.
What you are pointing makes sense, but I think the problem that you are pointing should be Windows only, and as I stated I'm on Linux (Centos 6.2)

I think by default on linux all symbols are exported, and we are not playing with the visibility flags (unless ilmbase/pyilmbase that does that by default? I'll check).

The weird thing is that nobody else seems to have this issue on Linux, and that's why my ugly workaround should not be necessary

I'm going to grab someone else with better c++ skills today to see if we can provide better input to solve this issue.
if you need some other input let me know, but I'll guess you can not repro that in Linux

Cheers
Fede