Re: [Openexr-devel] List of all availabe attributes in an exr file

From: Lars Borg
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] List of all availabe attributes in an exr file
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 10:31:41 -0800

Larry,

Agreed. Metadata access would not be inherently faster with XMP.

However, unless you have a fixed offset to the line table, image access
would be faster, as there would be fewer attributes to slog through byte
by byte to find the line table. (StringVector or any other form of
attribute aggregator would solve that problem as well.)
And image access speed is usually a greater concern.

Lars