Re: [Openexr-devel] List of all availabe attributes in an exr file

From: Larry Gritz
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] List of all availabe attributes in an exr file
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 09:28:07 -0800

It is certainly possible to iterate over the full metadata of an OpenEXR file.

        Imf::Header *header = ...;
        for (Imf::Header::ConstIterator hit = header->begin();
             hit != header->end();  ++hit) {
            std::cout << "name = " << hit.name()
                      << ", type = " << hit.attribute().typeName() << "\n";
        }

For a full example, look at this portion of the OpenImageIO code:
https://github.com/OpenImageIO/oiio/blob/master/src/openexr.imageio/exrinput.cpp
look at the loop beginning at line 530.

--
Larry Gritz