Re: [Openexr-devel] Optimisation code path for reading images

From: Halfdan Ingvarsson
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Optimisation code path for reading images
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 12:06:28 -0400

Also, compiling the EXR2.0 library using gcc 4.2/4.3/4.4 with -O3 results in the PIZ compression code producing occasional garbage data (-O3 is the default for cmake release builds). The workaround was to build with -O2. gcc 4.6 and up seem ok. I didn't test with gcc 4.5.

Unfortunately, I didn't have time to dig any deeper as to whether this was an actual optimizer bug, or whether there are some spurious assumptions in the code leading to it.

Just something to keep in mind.

 - ½