Re: [Openexr-devel] Trouble creating deep scanline files

From: Peter Hillman
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Trouble creating deep scanline files
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 10:05:58 +1200

Indeed, the EXR library does require the OutputFile objects to be destroyed cleanly to write a valid file. 'new'ing an OutputFile object and forgetting to delete it is a similar gotcha.

By the way, you should use "A" not "O" as the channel name for alpha/opacity: Nuke doesn't complain when trying to load the file, but the alpha channel is blank.
Internally, OpenEXR needs A to be alpha to be able to composite deep images into flat ones.