Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR plug-in for GIMP

From: Piotr Stanczyk
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR plug-in for GIMP
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 15:35:50 +0000

Hi,

That's great news; is GIMP all HDR these days?

A good place to start is with the documentation. The two documents to consider are "The Technical Introduction" and "Reading and Writing Image Files". Both are available as part of the distro www.github.com/openexr/openexr and on the project website: http://www.openexr.com/documentation.html

Take a look at the source directory, there you will find that there is also a C api layer. You may, or may not, find that sufficient for your needs.

As you've already found out, this is a good place to post questions to also :)

Piotr