[Openexr-devel] Problems about compiling PyIlmBase on Windows

From: Shih-Chin Weng
Subject: [Openexr-devel] Problems about compiling PyIlmBase on Windows
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 18:55:13 +0800

Hi, I've tried to build PyIlmBase with two different versions of Boost.
Unfortunately, I got two different errors from imathmodule respectively.

With boost 1.50, I got compile error in add_arithmetic_math_functions()
for IntArray2D, FloatArray2D and DoubleArray2D. For the detailed log
messages, please refer to the attached txt file.

With boost 1.48, the imathmodule is successfully compiled.
But when I import it in python interpreter, I got runtime error during
the invocation of PyIex::registerExc in imathmodule.cpp.
As far as I know, it seems that the variable _baseExcTranslator
from PyIex is not initialized properly.

Has anybody run into similar issues?

Thanks in advance.

Shih-Chin