[Openexr-devel] v2 attributes

From: Brendan Bolles
Subject: [Openexr-devel] v2 attributes
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 13:23:25 -0400

I've started experimenting using v2 with my ProEXR plug-ins.  So far so good -
just swapping in the new library with my old code lets me read the new files
with multi-part and deep data handled for me.

One thing that strikes me as a little odd is that the way to determine if an
image uses deep data is a string attribute called "type".  Actually, even old
EXRs are now shown to have this attribute even when they clearly do not.  Seems
a little clumsy to me, shouldn't the type attribute be a more opaque enum-style
data type, like tiledesc or lineOrder?

BTW, my github fork has Xcode projects all set up to build the EXR libraries
and apps like exrdisplay if anyone's interested.

Brendan