[Openexr-devel] Proprietary license note in ilmbase

From: Michal Vyskocil
Subject: [Openexr-devel] Proprietary license note in ilmbase
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2012 09:50:22 +0200

Hallo,

during an upgrade of ilmbase to 1.0.3, our legal team found a following
copyright header in a few files [1]

// Copyright (c) 1997 Industrial Light and Magic.
// All rights reserved. Used under authorization.
// This material contains the confidential and proprietary
// information of Industrial Light and Magic and
// may not be copied in whole or in part without the express
// written permission of Industrial Light and Magic.
// This copyright notice does not imply publication.

which makes it non free software. We assume this is an oversight, however we
cannot continue with an upgrade until this will be clear and the note will be
changed to the usual BSD-3-clause license. Can you investigate what have
happended?

[1]
https://github.com/openexr/openexr/blob/master/IlmBase/IexMath/IexMathFloatExc.cpp

Thanks for your help