[Openexr-devel] Conversion from half to float

From: Zindel, Andreas
Subject: [Openexr-devel] Conversion from half to float
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 12:02:49 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying to use the OpenExr library in my application to get the pixel
data of an exr-file. I built the library based on the instructions with
Visual Studio 2005. The test program I wrote can access the exr-file and
get the data of the pixel as half values. Now when I try to convert the
half values into float (which I need for the next step of the
processing) like this:

half a = newPixels[i][j].r;
float b = a;

I get the following error message from Visual Studio that says:

OpenExrReader.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "private:
static union half::uif const * const half::_toFloat"
(address@hidden@@address@hidden@B)

The conversion from half to float should work this way accordingly to
the OpenExr doc.

Greetings