Re: [Openexr-devel] Source Control

From: Ger Hobbelt
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Source Control
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 10:49:15 +0200

Oh, and on the 'Windows' issue:
I'm a TortoiseGit user as 90% of the dev work here is Win32/64-based, due to targets and development environments available on that platform.
And when you feel that itch, where you don't want to right-click, you can do command line with the best of them when you install the full msysgit package (which tortoiseGit uses as well) so you can have gcc, bash and the works in there as well.
(Though I have to say I'm often using a Linux VM for the 'down&dirty' scripting work, but that's because I'm an old fashioned s.o.b. and since we need to test-drive the software on nix boxes anyway, I've got a good enough excuse for that bit of quirkiness. :-) And yes, that also means our git repo's are reachable and writable over Samba, so both nix and Win boxes can do their thing.)

Ger Hobbelt

web:    http://www.hobbelt.com/
        http://www.hebbut.net/
mail:   address@hidden