Re: [Openexr-devel] Copying an exr header excluding the channelList

From: Jeff Clifford
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Copying an exr header excluding the channelList
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 10:27:12 +0000

Hi Florian,

Doing it that way makes sense.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers,

Jeff.

Florian Kainz wrote:
Hi Jeff,

you should be able to replace the channel list in a header
with an assignment:

    ChannelList channels;
    channels.insert (...);

    header.channels() = channels;

Class ChannelList has no method for deleting a channel.
Deleting or renaming a channel must be done by copying
the ChannelList.

Adding "erase" and "rename" methods to class ChannelList
shouldn't be difficult.  It is kind of surprising that
- as far as I can tell - nobody else has ever asked for
this functionality.

Florian

Jeff Clifford wrote:
Hi,

Does anyone know if there is an easy way to copy across an exr header without copying across the channellist as part of that?

I need to change the channel names e.g. __depth.r so that they are moved into a view for an sxr - i.e. the channelname becomes __depth.left.r

It would be really easy if I could do the header copy and then either remove the channellist from the object (and then create a new one) or change the channel names in place but looking through the headers that doesn't look possible - you can only insert channels.

I'm thinking there must be an easier way of doing this rather than somehow iterating over every header attribute and copying each one across.

Thanks,

Jeff.