[Openexr-devel] How to compress images using B44 compression

From: Shantanu Daithankar
Subject: [Openexr-devel] How to compress images using B44 compression
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 11:12:12 +0530

Hi,

Can some one please tell me about how and at what point the B44 compression of an image takes place? I have searched online and have not found anything clarifying this matter including the docs. I'm currently under the impression that the only thing I can do to accomplish this task is specifying the particular compression flag in the header that is generated while saving an exr image. And could I also know if there are any libraries out there that will enable me to compress an image using the B44 method in C++.
 What I am trying to do is use a sequence of frames to play a video directly from the disk(like 'playexr') where the frames are in dpx format. Thus I need to convert the images into B44 compressed exr's and use them to play the video. I used ImageMagick for the conversion but I have not been able to compress them because for some reason, IM will not compress them in spite of using the correct commands and their error free execution.

- Shantanu