Re: [Openexr-devel] Compilation warning in Iex using Intel compiler v11

From: Piotr Stanczyk
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Compilation warning in Iex using Intel compiler v11
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 09:44:56 -0700

Thanks for forwarding ... I'll try it out with the Intel compiler here.

Piotr

Magnus Wrenninge wrote:
We're currently using Imath as our default math library for the
Field3D project (http://code.google.com/p/field3d/). The following was
submitted as a bug to us, so I thought I would forward it along in
case it's something you want to fix in Iex. Seems to be an Intel
compiler-only warning (I'm not getting it using gcc).

The original submitter's ticket is at:
http://code.google.com/p/field3d/issues/detail?id=3

Cheers,
Magnus

---

A lot of compilation warnings like one below in IexBaseExc.h .

warning #811: exception specification for implicitly declared virtual
function "Iex::ArgExc::~ArgExc" is incompatible with that of overridden
function "Iex::BaseExc::~BaseExc"

#define DEFINE_EXC(name, base)                                  \
    class name: public base                                     \
      public:                                                   \
        name (const char* text=0)      throw(): base (text) {}  \
        name (const std::string &text) throw(): base (text) {}      \
        name (std::stringstream &text) throw(): base (text) {}      \
        virtual ~ name () throw () { } \  ///<<< this was added to solve this
    };