Re: [Openexr-devel] Pulling my hair out: switching projecttoVS2008breaks

From: Chris Cox
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Pulling my hair out: switching projecttoVS2008breaks OpenEXR :(
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 14:08:31 -0700

You have to specify _SECURE_SCL=0 in every module of your project, including
static and dynamic libraries.   Otherwise the vector data structure changes
size and the module with the larger size will barf on memory.

You can thank Microsoft for the fragile implementation and the huge slowdown
if you fail to set it to zero.  (some of our applications need it set to
zero even for debug builds, because the added overhead is very, very high)

Chris