Re: [Openexr-devel] Fwd: Re: [gnu.org #348899] GPL compatibility with CT

From: Cyrille Berger
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] Fwd: Re: [gnu.org #348899] GPL compatibility with CTL licence
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2007 09:10:06 +0100

On Friday 07 December 2007, you wrote:
> By the way, you may want to consider changing the licensing
> of your own project.

You are absolutely correct that it is possible to add an exception to GPL to
allow linking against the ctl library. I have considered it before contacting
this mailing list. The problem is the project countains many contributors
(some who have disappear, some who are GPL-fanatics), use external GPL
library (that's why GPL isn't a good idea for library ;) but well). All in
all, it made me consider that the two left alternatives were contacting the
author of CTL about it and write a GPL-compatible interpreter. But as the
first is easier, and takes less time, I started with it ;)

--
Cyrille Berger