[Openexr-devel] install_name and OS/X

From: Goncalo Carvalho
Subject: [Openexr-devel] install_name and OS/X
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 18:41:54 +0000

Hi,

Attached is a m4 macro and an example patch to configure.ac to allow
for the customisation of the libraries install name on OS/X.

As you know libtool adds the install name as $rpath/$soname. On OS/X
(and for distribution within Nuke) we would like this to be
@executable_path/$soname (or similar).

Although we can patch OpenEXR (and associated libraries) independently
it would simplify our efforts if integrated in your repository.

The macro patches libtool locally after creation by the configure
script and provides two options: --enable-installname and
--with-installnameprefix. It was tested with OS/X default autotools on
both Tiger and Leopard.

The defaults will keep your existing configuration unaltered.

Cheers,

Goncalo