[Openexr-devel] Assertion error in line 52 of testQuarSlerp.cpp

From: Michael Hayes
Subject: [Openexr-devel] Assertion error in line 52 of testQuarSlerp.cpp
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 01:11:18 -0400

Hi guys,

I am trying to compile OpenEXR 1.6.0 on FreeBSD 6.2-STABLE, with no success on
the testing part. I can complete the build if I take the testing out of the
make, but otherwise, it exits with the following error:

Testing quaternion spherical linear interpolation
  combinations of 90-degree rotations around x, y and z
Assertion failed: (equalWithAbsError (q1.v.x, q2.v.x, e)), function
compareQuats, file testQuatSlerp.cpp, line 52.
Abort trap
FAIL: ImathTest
1 of 1 tests failed

I hope someone can help me fix this, as I am rusty on my C++ and I am assuming
this means that somewhere the function is not coming up with a value that it
expects. Anyone up to the challenge?

-Michael Hayes