Re: [Openexr-devel] using the openexr C callable interface on Windows

From: Marc-Antoine Desroches
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] using the openexr C callable interface on Windows
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 22:56:43 -0400

Thanks for the quick answer.

I already have the vc8 runtimes installed (I also installed the package you linked to, just in case). At first, if I try to open the dll I get a message saying that it can't find msvcr80.dll. If I copy the ms runtime dlls in the same directory as the openexr dlls I get the R6040 error. Maybe this is happening because the manifest is not embeded inside the dll and/or the application loading it (of course it would be difficult to embed it in my scheme interpreter).

I am not very familiar with the way Windows works with "side by side assemblies". I think I could make a small dll with an embeded manifest that dynamically loads IlmImg_dll but that would mean more (and uglier) code.

Marc-Antoine

James Burgess a écrit :
Marc-Antoine,
If you run depends.exe on IlmImg_dll.dll you'll see it depends on the c and c++ vc8 runtimes as expected. You can download these at:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en

This not likely to get you into dll hell as these are installed into the versioned location within the WinSxS folder.

- James.

Marc-Antoine Desroches wrote:
Hello,

I want to use the openexr library from within scheme programs (I use PLT scheme on windows). When I load the dll (using the foreign function interface) I get a R6034 error. It seems the openexr dlls are linked with the MS runtime library. Does someone know a good solution to this that will not get me in dll hell? Is it possible to have openexr dlls that are statically linked with the standard libraries they need?