Re: [Openexr-devel] finding the libs via autoconf

From: Anders Dahnielson
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] finding the libs via autoconf
Date: Thu, 3 May 2007 12:17:26 +0200

On 5/3/07, Andrew Chapman <address@hidden> wrote:
Can anyone offer some advice for getting a 3rd party tool to find openexr/ilmbase via autoconf?

I've tried using AC_CHECK_LIB() on libIlmImf, which returns the right link flags when the libs are installed to the default location, but I'm wondering if there is a neater way of doing it that might find the headers/libs in other locations.

I've seen the openexr.m4 file within the openexr distribution, which seems to provide AM_PATH_OPENEXR(), but I'm not too sure about the process of using it from a 3rd party app. I can only call that if I copy the openexr.m4 file into my app directory, but I'm assuming there's a way of using it from where the openexr installation has put it on the system.

So anyway, I'm new to this autoconf business, so any tips on reliably finding openexr or ilmbase would be much appreciated.

I've attached the m4 script from a project of mine as an example.

--
Anders Dahnielson
<address@hidden>