Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR 1.3.1 released

From: Drew Hess
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR 1.3.1 released
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 19:21:28 -0700

Drew Hess <address@hidden> writes:

> Chris Cox <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Is there a way to compile it without the static mutexes ?
>> Right now, I can't use IlmImf.lib from within a DLL (plugin) because of
>> them.
>>
>> Chris
>

> Hi Chris,
>
> Do you mean the static mutexes in Imf::staticInitialize() and the
> anonymous typeMap funciton in ImfAttribute.cpp?

p.s. given that both Florian and I are pretty ignorant about the
mysteries of Windows and its issues with static variables and DLLs,
what would you propose as the proper solution to the problem?

p.p.s. or maybe what you're saying is that you can't have any mutexes
period in your plugin, static or otherwise?