Re: [Openexr-devel] use "" instead of <> for header?

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] use "" instead of <> for header?
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 18:58:09 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 25 Feb 2006, E. Scott Larsen wrote:

This seems to support the same general consensus that Daniel and Dennis mention (and everyone I've talked to): use "" for references inside the current project, and use <> for references outside the current project.

I second the motion for this change. The standard does seem to say clearly that switching to "" will do no harm, only good - and I do agree that it will make life easier for users.

Ditto.

Another factor to consider is that some users (possibly CinePaint) will sometimes want to use OpenEXR in an uninstalled mode so using an external config utility to obtain paths to use uninstalled OpenEXR will fail.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn