Re: [Openexr-devel] RE: UNICODE support in openexr file I/O

From: Daniel Léonard
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] RE: UNICODE support in openexr file I/O
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 16:21:45 -0500

Hello,

Might I suggest looking at the source code of the native part of the
Java Core Library :

   http://www.sun.com/software/communitysource/j2se/java2/download.xml

If one looks at (starting at the root of the archive)
j2se/src/share/native/java/io/FileInputStream.c, it can be seen that
the function being called to open a file stream is fileOpen(),
function found in j2se/src/*platform*/native/java/io/io_util_md.c

The interresting function for windows is pathToNTPath() along with the
call to CreateFileW(). Macros are found in
j2se/src/share/native/java/io/io_util.h. Under Solaris (and Linux),
the call to open the file is JVM_Open().

Some things to keep in mind, Java strings are a sequence of unsigned
16-bit integer.

Another thing, does one have to install language packs on Windows XP
to be able to have filename in languages other than "English" ? I made
a small tour in Korea and I installed the Korean Language Pack and I
was able to have files with Korean names (I did not check if I could
before installing the language pack).

Hope that helps,

Daniel Léonard

--
Entre Ce que je pense, Ce que je veux dire, Ce que je crois dire, Ce
que je dis, Ce que vous avez envie d'entendre, Ce que vous entendez,