Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR 1.2.2 and VS2005

From: Drew Hess
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] OpenEXR 1.2.2 and VS2005
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 14:19:19 -0800

"Patrick Bergeron" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Drew (and everybody else): it goes along the lines of 'can't open file
> "half.h"'
>
> When I upgraded Softimage XSI to VS 2005 (for x64 and later x86) I had plenty
> of errors like 'can't open file "stdafx.h"' but I only changed the include
> from <> to "" and that fixed most of it. It fixed OpenEXR too.
>
> Since I've got you on the line, I'm having a fierce battle to build 1.2.1 (or
> 1.2.2 for that matter) with VS 2005 for x64. I have one link error repeated
> in many OBJ files. Here's a sample:
>
> ImfCRgbaFile.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: void
> __cdecl std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class
> std::allocator<char> >::`copy constructor closure'(class
> std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class
> std::allocator<char> > &)"
> (address@hidden@address@hidden@@address@hidden@2@@std@@QEAAXAEAV01@@Z)
>
> (I have 29 of those to be exact).
>
> I've tried the following:
> - Build the OpenEXR DLL (no go)
> - Build a static lib and link it with my project (no go).
> - Manually put all necessary OpenEXR files in the project I want to link it
> with, and rebuild my project using the project's compile options (no go).
>
> Regarless of what approach I take, the exact same error keep coming back.
> It's starting to drive me nuts. I already use STL in the project I want to
> use OpenEXR, so I don't think that's the problem.
>
> Does anyone know what 'copy constructor closure' means?
>

> Has this problem been reported before?

No, it hasn't.  You mention that the link error occurs with many .obj
files, but the one you've shown is the one which exposes the C
interface, so it's a bit suspect, specifically the __cdecl part.  Can
you send me the error message you get from one of the C++ .obj files?

Does this problem *not* occur on VS2k5 for x86?