Re: [Openexr-devel] threading support in CVS

From: Drew Hess
Subject: Re: [Openexr-devel] threading support in CVS
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 19:01:31 -0700

Ken McGaugh <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello, I just had a quick play with the version of
> OpenEXR in CVS which supports threading.  In our
> flipbook program I can get a 33% increase in read
> speed, which is very useful.  But I don't want to use
> non-release code.  Could someone please update us
> on the status of this code and when it will be released?

Hi Ken,

Thanks for testing the new code.  We'd like some more people to test
this (esp. on Win32 and OS X) so we can get better coverage before the
release.  There are no known bugs in the CVS version, but you should
probably not use this code in production yet.

Speaking of which, we're planning on releasing the next version of
OpenEXR, with support for multithreaded reading and writing, sometime
around the first of December.